Ho-Ho-Hello, Boys & Girls!
will be back in historic Old Town in November 2014 and he can't wait
to see all of you!
To have Santa attend your Party or Event:
Parties & Events:
Member of International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santa's. Fully Insured. Background Checked.
Download Santa Flier Here
How does the Scavenger Hunt work?
Teams of 1 to 10 players will utilize all of their skills and abilities to solve a challenging series of clues leading them on an exciting 2-hour Scavenger Hunt through Albuquerque’s oldest neighborhood. Scavenger Hunts are a fun & memorable family event - and you could win a great prize! But, it’s also a great way to learn the history, legends & lore of Old Town in short yet exciting amount of time.
Every team will receive a packet of clues at the start of their Hunt that will range from moderately easy to very difficult. Clues will lead you to various locations around Old Town. Once there, you'll need to answer a question about each location, proving that you've found it.
Points are given for each correct answer. You'll also receive a list of "Scavenger Hunt" photos to be taken or items to collect along the way to earn bonus points.
Players must have a keen eye, a sharp mind and a DIGITAL CAMERA. Clues will require brainpower, teamwork and strategy to solve. You'll navigate with an Old Town Map (provided), research little known facts, visit secret locations and find hidden treasures!
Do the winners get prizes?
Yes. The winning Team receives prizes (based on the number of players participating). However, the focus of our events is not on awarding large prizes - it is on providing a fun and memorable experience.
When are the Old Town Scavenger Hunts?
• Available with advance reservations on the date of your choice
• Scavenger Hunts must be started prior to 3:00pm
How long do the Scavenger Hunts take?
You will have up to TWO HOURS to complete the Scavenger Hunt. (Teams arriving at the finish line later than the designated two-hour time limit will receive a penalty of minus 5 points for each minute they are late.)
What are we looking for?
On most of our Hunts, you are not collecting objects, but searching for answers to tricky and humorous questions about the places you visit and sights you see. No previous knowledge of a Hunt location is necessary and you will discover a lot of cool things and fascinating facts!
How much does it cost to play?
Each Hunt is $30 per TEAM (+ applicable sales tax)
• A TEAM can be from 1 to 5 players
• Additional TEAM Members over 5 players are $5.00 (+ applicable sales tax)
• The MAXIMUM Size per TEAM is 10 people. The Maximum number of TEAMS is 10 (up to 100 people total)
Registration fees are non-refundable. Consider these tickets to be the same as theater tickets or sports event tickets: All sales are final. However, if one of your team members needs to cancel after you've registered but before your Hunt has started, you may replace them with another player.
How do I register for the Scavenger Hunts?
• Call (505) 246-Tour ~ (505) 246-8687
• Visit our Ticket Window in Plaza Don Luis:
303 Romero St. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
• Email info@ToursOfOldTown.com
What do I need to bring with me in order to participate in the Hunt?
You must bring one digital camera per Team to document your finds. You're free to bring any other materials with you that you think might be helpful. Dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes. Avoid carrying anything heavy.
Are any special skills or abilities required?
No special skills or abilities are required for our Hunts. You don't need to be an athlete or an Old Town trivia buff, but you should have a keen eye and be able to think and act quickly, and work well together as a team.
How familiar with Old Town do I need to be?
If you're playing to win, being at least somewhat familiar with the neighborhood of your Hunt will be helpful. If you're playing just to have fun, you don't need to be familiar with the area at all.
Can children participate?
Yes, our Hunts are designed for ages seven and up. Children under the age of seven may find a Hunt too long, too difficult or too tiring. Plus, reading skills will increase the child’s enjoyment of the Hunt clues and in the search for answers. A Hunt ticket is required for every child aged seven and older but you may bring younger children with you free of charge. There must be at least one adult per team.
How many people can be on a Team?
Teams can be from 1 to 10 players. However, the entire team must stay together and travel together at all times and can not split up or separate at any time during the Hunt. Only the people registered for your team are allowed to participate.
What if the weather is bad on the scheduled Hunt days?
Scavenger Hunts are held outdoors and will be held rain or shine. All players should dress appropriately for the weather. If you prefer not to chance being uncomfortable due to inclement weather, please contact us to reschedule for another Hunt.
Is this a race? Will a bunch of athletes outrun me? How long of a walk is it?
Our Hunts are not designed as races, and we do not encourage people to run. The Hunts are designed to be more a test of your wits and your teamwork, not a test of physical fitness. There is a time limit of two hours. Total walking distance is from one to five miles based on the routes you choose. Hunts are done entirely on foot. All players should wear comfortable walking shoes and be in adequate physical condition to participate.
Are the Hunts wheelchair, scooter or stroller accessible?
Yes. Most of Old Town is wheelchair accessible without any hills. However, the area is a Historic District. Many of the streets and sidewalks are uneven with small doors and passage ways.
How is the Winning Team determined?
For those competing against one another, the team that finishes the Hunt with the highest number of points earned, in the least amount of time, at the end of the Scavenger Hunt period is the winner.
The Judges decision is final.
Do you hold Hunts in places other than Old Town Albuquerque?
Not at this time, but possibly in the future.
Can you create private Hunts for groups or special events?
Yes. Please contact us for additional information at:
(505) 246-TOUR (8687) or firstname.lastname@example.org
SCAVENGER HUNT RULES
• You must leave your PHOTO ID at the Ticket Window to receive a Scavenger Hunt Packet, an Old Town Map and a starting location for your Team at the beginning of your hunt. (Your ID will be returned to you when you return your Scavenger Hunt packet.)
• There is no specific order that you must follow other than starting at your designated location and returning to the Ticket Window in Plaza Don Luis after the hunt.
• Your entire TEAM must stay together the entire time of the hunt and may NOT split up.
• 251 maximum points are possible
• The Team with the MOST points in the least amount of time WINS!!!
• You will, most likely, not complete the entire Hunt in the allotted time. You are free to skip around and answer the questions you wish to.
• Bonus Points are available for select PHOTOS!
• Bonus Points may be awarded for Team creativity and originality!
• Photos must clearly show EVERY Team Member AND the designated item or image.
• Photos will be reviewed at the Ticket Window at the end of your hunt.
• Your entire Scavenger Hunt Package must be returned to the ticket window within two hours. Five points per minute will be deducted for late returns.
• Bonus points are offered for visiting select Merchants in Old Town!
• Monitors will be wandering Old Town and checking on your progress. Monitors will not answer any questions for you other than showing you on the Old Town Map “where you are now”.
ASKING FOR HELP:
• You may ask anyone that you wish to for help: Shop Owners & Employees, Tourists, and Old Town Residents.
• Your Team may ask any ONE PERSON that you wish a maximum of ONE question.
• Your Team may ask any ONE PERSON that you wish to take a maximum of ONE photo for you.
• Your Team may come to the Ticket Window to ask for one FREE answer to any question.
What CAN’T we do?
• There is no “phoning a friend” and no “mobile shout outs”!
• There is NO using the internet, telephone or text messages to find the answer to any question.
• There is NO using any books or other materials (other than the Old Town Map, which is provided).
- Each participant can NOT compete in the Scavenger Hunt more than once during the Balloon Fiesta Period.
ADDITIONAL RULES AND INFORMATION:
• On our website at: http://toursofoldtown.com/events.php
• Over the phone at: (505) 246-TOUR (8687)
• Via E-mail at: email@example.com
Good luck! Have fun & experience historic Old Town!
By the participation in any of our Tours, Events or Scavenger Hunts, the participant as well as any heirs or assignees agree to hold harmless and release, both now and in perpetuity, Old Towne Tours and its agents, employees, contractors and or representatives from any and all liability, injury, accident, death, harm, financial loss or incidental damages or any other circumstance arising from or that may occur during, immediately preceding or following or is in any way related to participation in said activity, whether or not due to omission, negligence, incompetence, failure or any other reason on the part of or by Old Towne Tours. Participant understands that said activity may be physically strenuous, emotionally disturbing and potentially hazardous, and agrees that they are in adequate physical and mental condition to participate as well as adequately outfitted and clothed. Tours and Scavenger Hunts are for entertainment purposes only.
Copyright 2014 by EME Entertainment - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED